Hilton Milwaukee City Center Cendyn ePlanner

Skip Navigation Links

Hotel Facts/History
 

Hotel Facts/History

The Hilton Milwaukee City Center, formerly the Schroeder Hotel and Marc Plaza, was built in 1927 and opened its doors for business in 1928.  The property was constructed as Wisconsin’s tallest and biggest hotel.  Designed by Holabird and Roche, the property features Art Deco styling.  In 1972 the hotel was acquired by Ben and Steve Marcus and renamed the Marc Plaza Hotel.  After a large renovation project in 1994, the hotel was restored to its original 1920s classic grandeur while its infrastructure and amenities were enhanced to state-of-the-art levels.  On April 21, 1995, the property became a franchise of the Hilton Hotels Corporation and was renamed the Hilton Milwaukee City Center.
©2017 Cendyn. All Rights Reserved.
Hilton Milwaukee City Center | 509 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203